Thursday, August 12, 2010

Some quotes for posterity

I'm in the final stretch of cleaning and organizing my room. I found a few pages with random quotes on them, and I wanted to save them here before I recycled the paper. So here we go:

Of all lies, art is the least untrue.

The world is a book, and those who do not travel only read one page.

Greet the dawn with a breath of fire.

She sat at the window of the train, her head thrown back, one leg stretched across to the empty seat before her. The window frame trembled with the speed of the motion, the pane hung over empty darkness, and dots of light slashed across the glass as luminous streaks, once in a while...She thought, For just a few moments - while this lasts - it is all right to surrender completely - to forget everything and just permit yourself to feel. She thought: Let go - drop the controls - this is it.

Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter; the road is life.

For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move.

Music, the soul of life.

Throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Not all those who wander are lost.

It is a strange thing to come home. While yet on the journey, you cannot at all realize how strange it will be.

I am not the same having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment